perjantai 22. helmikuuta 2013

Song of Blades and Heroes - B&W Card


Although I like my figure cards a lot as they are, now that I've gotten my ink on again, I also wanted to try my hand on the Black & White versions. For now, I wanted to keep the basic layout of the B&W cards, especially because it would allow me to use the same OpenOffice files as with the 'regular' cards, and just use a different master to make these kind of cards. Or at least that was the idea. However, since I sometime along the way decided to use absolute image paths in the spreadsheet, I would either have to add a couple more columns for the B&W images and warband insignia, or rework the image paths. And since there's no real need to do these kind of cards in the bulk, I'm not sure if I'm going to bother. But I had to crank up at least one, to see what the final cards would look like.

Okay, the upper row seems fine, but the bottom of the card needs some work. It's too busy. And it would be nice if the image could be a bit bigger (My home B&W laser barely managed to draw the finest lines). Maybe if I spread the Special Abilities so that they are in two columns, nix the insignia seal or at least make it much smaller. I will most likely return to this at some point, but as of now there are other fish to fry. And in any case, I would need to build up far more substantial image bank to be used with this style of cards.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti