tiistai 30. heinäkuuta 2019

Hexagonal Modular Gametable: Part 2

I can't believe anyone's more surprised than me that we're finally at this stage...

Slow and steady wins the race, they say. Well, I can't comment on the steady, but slow this project has been, that's for sure. But finally we are at a stage that I can show some recent developements. There's still a hell a lot to be done, that's for sure, and I still don't know where I'm going to fit this thing when it's ready, but without further delay: the Hexagonal Modular Gametable, in an not-quite-finished but in a kinda-usable/presentable-stage:




As you know, Bob, the original idea was to have each of the triangular pieces to be double-sided, so that on the one side there would be the 'negative' terrain feature, such as a section of a canal, and the other side would be just plain. This would increase the potential combinations quite a bit, so that no two board set-ups needed to be the same. So far, these pieces are only single-sided, but even so the idea comes well across. The end-parts, or the edges of the canal also work well enough, forming a 'bridge' when two edges meet, or otherwise giving an illusion that the canal just continues below the surface.



So that's it. Next I think I'll scourge some of my old terrain, and try some quick setups, to see how the board looks 'live'.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti