lauantai 22. maaliskuuta 2014

Foundry Hydra assembled


Woops. Time sure flies. Nevertheless, here's some pics of the assembled and based hydra. Despite the figure having seven heads, and the body in multiple parts as well, this was one of the easiest pinning jobs I had done, thanks to the relatively soft metal, and having big enough surfaces to drill in.

The figure settled nicely on a 40mm round base, and I made the cobblestone basing by making first a 2"x2" square from HirstArts blocks, then making a Green Stuff impression of that, and finally pressing that mold on the GS I had put on the top of the base. Worked out quite well, and now I have a ready mold for similar use at the ready.

The figure is now basecoated, and is waiting in the to-do shelf for an inspiration. Mainly, I have two conflicting colour schemes in my mind, and I can't seem to be able to pick my favourite. The first is 'eldricht', which would mean pale green underbelly and darker green back scales; the other one is 'poison', with bright orange (yellow highlights) bely, and black scales in the back, may haps with some reddish striping. Something resembling a coral snake. Then again, I already have some small spiders in similar colours. Oh well.

(Argh! Why does Blogger want to correct my English spelling and how do I get rid of that?)

((Okay, after searching in vain through Blogger preferences and whatnot, I realised that it was OS Mavericks that did the auto-corrections. I've switched it to UK English, although I suspect that it's only a matter of time until I have to switch it off altogether.))

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti