lauantai 12. huhtikuuta 2014

New Painting - Cultists, from Heresy Miniatures

Here are some preliminary pics from Cultists faction for my Ruins & Ratmen game. All of the figures are from Heresy Miniatures. The Cultists themselves were a no-brainer, as they were the only line of fantasy cult members I could think of. The Mutants, however, are of Heresy's ghoul range, with some Reaper Miniatures Creature Components - tentacles, claws, etc. - added for good measure. I had had the ghouls for a long time, never having the inspiration to actually do anything with them, until I realised that with a bit of tweaking they are just what this warband would need. And actually, it was easier to add the Reaper bits than to pin the ghouls as intended.

As there were only three poses with the regular troop types, it was a  very easy decision to convert some of the models to get a bit more variety to the warband. I decided to to give them single handed weapons, essentially shortened versions of their pole arms, and since the standard (not yet painted) featured a shield design, adding that seemed a good fit for the unity go the band. I copied the design on Green Stuff, and made the shields I needed from that mould.


In addition to these figures, there's the standard bearer yet to be finished, and a demonspawn (a Heresy figure as well, their classic Cyclops), who missed this photo shoot. There is still some good Reaper bits left, so more mutants might be in order, or maybe another demonspawn if I find a suitable base model. Also, all of my war bands seem to have some sort of animal troops in them, so maybe some giant insects would fit the theme. Centipedes, perhaps?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti