maanantai 27. toukokuuta 2013

City in Ruins - Ruined Houses pt. II

I have slowly been building some ruined buildings, using pieces I had already cast since somehow I'm in no mood of casting any new blocks. Fortunately I managed to build the houses I intended, although the broken corner of the house with a full-story basement is a direct result of not having enough arch-pieces for an intact level. But that's a boon of making ruins: such shortcomings are easily accommodated into the designs.

The basic structure of the buildings is thus in place. Next steps involve using latex filler to texturize the foamboard and to fill any gaps between the windows and the doorframes, then spraypainting the interiors to a matte black, assembling some rubble outside the buildings as well as texturing the bases all over, and constructing the floors using balsa wood. After that, it's just the task of painting the buildings, and perhaps if the inspiration strikes, some superdetailing as appropriate. Especially the recessed arches on the basement level scream for something. Coat-of-arms, perhaps.

To be honest, I still need a couple of corner pieces, and also some small bricks for the well, so I guess I'll have to do some casting eventually before I can go forward with the construction. But at the moment, what with weather being so uncharacteristically fine, I don't see that happening anytime soon.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti