torstai 16. toukokuuta 2013

New painting - Vampire Duellist

Reaper: Dark Heaven 02981 Lonnia, Female Duellist
Finally managed to get some figures finished, so the following couple of posts will showcase those. The Hammer Sisters are also on the way, once I get rid of  the fear of doing faces.

I'm first to admit that I'm no masterclass painter, I simply lack the patience to smooth and blend, and something like a good 'gaming standard' is the best I can aspire to. 

I also have finally gotten comfortable with my camera, and finally the figures look pretty much like they do in 'reality'. I even discovered a 'manual focus' -setting, so no more sharp sword-tips, and blurry faces, yay! This of course has it's downsides, as the camera is quite merciless, and somehow just looking at a shot I tend to notice omissions, errors and plain old mistakes that I managed to gloss over while actually painting the figure. Most of the time this results in do-overs, and these days I usually varnish my figures only after I've photographed them.


This figure is actually a repaint. It was originally painted as a blonde human in blues and yellows, but I was not very happy with it, and when I was looking for a 'Marianna Chevaux' -proxy, this figure came instantly to my mind. And after the repaint, she looks dramatic enough for the part, as well. She could perhaps use a lighter skin tone, but then it might be difficult to differentiate that from the colour of her pants, so perhaps she's just fed recently. Or more likely, she's a Dhampir, still retaining her human skin tone.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti